The Liebster Award
I am flattered to say that someone lovely and clearly with great taste has decided to award me an a blogging award. The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less. It’s really an arbitrary number. If you like helping other blogs out go ahead and do it regardless of its size.
Look Ma, I’m A Winner!
I would firstly like to thank Rivergirl https://riversworld.live/ for thinking of me and giving my little ego a stroke (NOT a euphamism!) Her blog constantly makes me laugh and if you follow my blog and not hers then do something good for yourself today and click the link and follow her.
Accepting this award comes with a catch though (typical, I can’t just be left alone with my inflated ego!). I have to answer 5 questions set by the girl who calls herself River and as you’re about to find out, I think the questions were concieved after one or four too many ‘refreshments’. So, here goes…
- You’re a pigeon newly arrived in Hollywood. Who do you poop on first?
This is a difficult question. Not the pooping part because I like pooping and I’m bloody good at it. But no one springs to mind that I would love to take a shit on. This may come as a surprise but I think the lucky recipient would be Adam Sandler. I don’t choose him because I don’t like him but because I am angry at him for being really talented but continously make shit movies. A good and funny actor that constantly makes awful films. Sort it out, Sandler or I’m gonna shit on you!
2. Donald Trump has been impeached. Mike Pence has been trampled to death at a gay pride parade. Nancy Pelosi has resigned her position and run off to Tahiti with a member of BTS. You’ve been chosen to be the next President of the United States. What’s your first executive order?
I think I’d order every one to eat a slice of hash cake, have a foot massage and calm the f*ck down. Then after the cake has kicked in everyone would ordered to have a DNA test in order for them to realise that we’re ALL related. (This answer feels like the missing verse to John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’)
3. The Brussels Sprout is a much maligned ( and extremely gassy ) cruciferous vegetable. You run a PR firm and have just been hired to tweak it’s image. Go!
Firstly I’d get a series of photographs of one single sprout in varous locations around the world (ie one next to The Great Wall of China, Statue of Liberty etc). Then I’d get Jay-Z to rap about the health benefits of eating them along to a track made entirely of samples of people of all nations farting. The song would be called ‘A Fart is an art so lets all create our own (skid) marks’
4. Your lifelong dream of being a stripper has come true. What’s your stage name?
5. Your cruise ship is sinking and you’ve scrambled onto a life raft only to realize it’s overloaded. What… or who… do you push overboard? A case of craft beer, your significant other, the oars, a beloved pet wombat, or the ship’s navigator ?
I would push the oars AND the ships navigator. The navigator would want me to share the beer and what would be the point of having oars if their’s no one to tell you which way to go? I think their is something deep and insightful about this answer in relation to life but I’m too stupid to work it out.
So, now you have enjoyed a revealing glimpse into the mind of a genius and I’m not sure the world is better for it or not but my thanks again to Rivergirl for thinking of me despite my lack of posts recently.