Sometimes I like to write something really silly…this is one such time…I would like to apologise and I hope the images you are about to see do not leave you too traumatized.
Being in Bangkok can sometimes be overwhelming, with so much to do it’s difficult to know what to choose. Should you visit one of the many beautiful temples? Should you take a trip along a canal and stop at one of the floating markets giving you an insight into the traditional sights and sounds of Bangkok? How about The Grand Palace, the home of the Emerald Buddha? And don’t forget about sampling the famous street food!
You see…it can be a bit overwhelming so having lived here for roughly eight months now I feel I can say with some authority what the best 5 things to do in Bangkok are…
- Standing outside a 7-11 store when the door is open and feeling the cold air blowing out from its powerful aircon.
2. Being near the cold drinks fridge in a 7-11.
3. Being in one of the many Thai restaurants that has amazing strong aircon.
4. Lying on your couch at home with the aircon on.
5. Lying on your bed in just your underwear with the aircon aimed directly at you
So there you go, my top 5 things to do in Bangkok – what a wonderful country this is! Come and join me, it’s a cultural melting pot with modern skyscrapers and ancient temples, a country that has it all!